We often have to give information about what people say or think. In order to do this you can use direct or quoted speech, or indirect or reported speech.
Direct speech : Aria said, “I will give you a book next week”.
Indirect speech: Aria said that he would give me a book the following week.
OKAY, then here is other examples of direct and inderect speech. The first sentence is direct speech, and the second sentence is indirect speech.
1. He said, “I work in a bank”
He said that he worked in a bank.
2. They said, “We are going to beach tomorrow”
They said that they were going to beach the following day.
3. She said, “I am sad now”
She said that she was sad then.
4. I said, “John has been waiting for you since two hours”
I said that John had been waiting for you for two hours.
5. I told Jerry, “I can fix this computer soon”
I told to him that I could fix this computer immediately.
6. Marry told us, “I have to go now”
Marry told to us that she had to go then.
7. John tells Anne “I will pick you up at seven o’clock tonight”
John told to Anne that he will pick her up at seven o’clock tonight.
8. Andy says “I have had lunch with John recently”
Andy said to marry that he has had lunch with John recently.
9. My mother says, “This flower needs to be watering frequently”
My mother said that this flower needs to be watering frequently.
10. My brother tells to me, “I am reading a book now”
My brother told to me that he is reading a book then.
11. He asked me “Open the door please!”
He asked me to open the door please.
12. My father told me, “Don’t come home late!”
My father told to me not to come home late.
13. Teacher asked me, “Open the page 23 now!”
Teachers asked us to open the page 23 then.
14. Andy asked “Don’t leave me alone!”
Andy asked that to not leave him alone.
15. My uncle told me “Come and visit us next week!”
My uncle told to me to come and visit them the following week.
16. She tells him, “Don’t touch me!”
She told to him not to touch me.
17. His father asks, “Study hard!”
His father asked him to study hard.
18. The gardener tells me “don’t step on the grass!”
The gardener told to me not to step on the grass.
19. John tells Marry, “Hurry up!”
John told to marry to hurry up.
20. John asked Marry, “Why do you come late today?”
John asked Marry why she came late that day.
21. I asked my uncle, “When will you visit us here?”
I asked my uncle when he would visit us here.
22. My mother asked me, “Where are you last night?”
My mother asked me where was I that night.
23. Andy asked me, “Have you finished the homework?”
Andy asked me if I had finished the homework.
24. My brother told to me, “Are you okay?”
My brother told to me whether I was okay or not.
25. Aria asked John, “Can you be quiet for a while?”
Aria asked John if he could be quiet for a while.
26. I asked John, “Does you want to come with us?”
I told John whether he wanted to come with us.
27. Jimmy said, "Do you want chocolate?"
Jimmy asked me if I want chocolate.
28. Amy said, "Don't be panic"
Amy told me not to be panic.
29. John said, "I'll give you a pen"
John said that he would give me a pen.
30. He said, "I work in a factory"
He said that we worked in a factory.
31. They said, "We're going to mall"
They said that they were going to mall.
32. I said, "You are intelegent!"
I said to him that he was intelegent.
33. He says, "I was fool then"
He says that he was a fool then.
34. June said, "I will be more careful"
June said she will be more careful.
35. Thomas said, "I killed an ant"
Thomas said he had killed an ant.
36. I said, "My mother cooks well"
I said that my mother cooked well.
37. She said to me, "You may need help"
She told me that I might need help.
38. Rapunzel said, "I was scared"
Rapunzel said that she was scared.
39. She said to me, "Do you know my LINE ID?"
She asked me if I know her LINE ID.
40. I said, "I've done my job!"
I said that I had done my job.